Rainis and Aspazija Historic House
Rainis and Aspazija House-Museum forms part of a significant area of wooden buildings in Rīga’s Centre. Both the two storey building fronting the road, as well as the single storey building behind it with a small inner courtyard, form an unusual cultural historical ensemble – the buildings were constructed in 1879.
The building on Baznīcas iela is the more authentic of the two sites devoted to the memory of the Latvian poets, and has been least affected by rebuilding or other changes over the years. The poets lived here from 15th September 1926: Rainis – until his death in 1929, Aspazija – until the spring of 1933. It is partly accessible to visitors. The poets’ restored apartment is on the second floor.
Since 1 October, 2009, the museum is incorporated in the Association of Memorial Museums.Adrese:
30 Baznīcas St., Riga, LV 1010Kontakti:
- phone: 29689489